- Can we remove mould ourselves or should I call a professional?
- What is black mould?
- What will it cost to run the drying equipment?
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
Black mould (Statchybotrys chartarum) is greenish-black in colour and grows in conditions where there is an excessive amount of moisture over a long period of time. Water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks and condensation in small, damp places like bathrooms all create a perfect breeding ground for black mould. Black mould releases microtoxins, a noxious substance that can cause serious health problems for humans and pets.
Based on average monthly electricity billing rates, it may cost approximately one dollar per day per piece of drying equipment to operate. Actual rates will vary depending on the energy rates charged by your electricity provider.